Coastal North Carolina First-Time Home Buyers
First-time home buyers often don't know who or where to turn when buying a home. So we have prepared a guide below for helpful hints and tips and learn how to avoid common mistakes when buying your first home in the Coastal North Carolina area.
- Mortgage Pre-Qualification: Meet with a mortgage broker and find out how much you can afford to pay for a home.
- Mortgage Pre-Approval: While knowing how much you can afford to buy using Mortgage Pre-Qualification is the first step. However, with Mortgage Pre-Approval, the home buyer actually applies for a mortgage and receives a commitment in writing from a lender. This way, assuming the home you're interested in is at or under the amount you are pre-qualified for, the seller knows immediately that you are a serious buyer for the home.
- A List of Needs & Wants: Make a list of things in a new home that you must have. Items such as the number of bedrooms, one or two stories, a garage, playroom, office, etc. The second list should be your wishes - things you would like to have. These include a swimming pool, beach access, a large backyard, etc. For first-time home buyers, you probably will not get everything on your wish list, but it will keep you on track for what you are looking for.
- Representation by a Real Estate Buyers Agent: Always use a real estate agent to assist you in finding a home. The listing agent representing a home for sale represents the seller of the home, not the buyer. So contact Anchor Real Estate to help represent you and your interests when buying a home.
- Be Focused & Organized. Keep a notebook with all of your home searches. The notebook might include maps, listing info sheets and handwritten notes about the homes visited.
Stay Positive! Searching for a home, especially in a hot market, can be frustrating and tiresome. Try and stay positive and know that one day soon you will find that special home. Contact us to let us help you find your dream home today!